We strongly recommend keeping your web browser and operating systems as up-to-date as possible to avoid any glitches such as videos freezing, black screens or no sound, when watching videos online.
For more info about system requirements and supported devices, please visit this Vimeo support page.
Watching on a laptop, tablet or smartphone
• Once you’ve bought a ticket to watch the show, you will be sent a confirmation email with a link and a password
• Click on the link (or copy and paste the link into your web browser). This will take you to the video page on Vimeo
• Enter the password when prompted
• You do not need to be logged in to view a video, however, depending on which web browser you use, you may need to log in to leave comments or participate in votes or polling.
• Using the Vimeo app from a smartphone to watch? We’ve received reports that the Android version can be glitchy. Please try watching from a browser if you encounter any issues.
Watching on a smart TV
Not all smart TVs are compatible with Vimeo playback but here are some tips on how to access and watch videos from some commonly used smart TVs.
• Log into your Vimeo account, using a laptop, tablet or smartphone
• Find the video you want to view and save this to your ‘Watch Later’ library by clicking the clock icon
• Via your smart TV, access the Vimeo app – you should find your saved video in your ‘watch later’ library.
• If you do not have the Vimeo app installed, you can download this from within your smart TV device, or by visiting the app store (Apple TV) or Google play store (Android TV).
Please follow this link to find guidance and useful information specific to your smart TV: https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/234998668-TV-apps
List of currently supported Smart TV devices
• Apple TV (4th Generation): search for “Vimeo” in the tvOS App Store*
• Android TV: search for “Vimeo” in the Google Play Store
• Roku: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1980/vimeo
• Amazon Fire TV devices: http://a.co/eJ5c9Gh
• Samsung TVs (2015-2018 Tizen-powered devices)
• Chromecast (via our iOS and Android mobile apps)
*⚠️The Vimeo TV apps for Apple TV 2nd/3rd generation devices are no longer supported.
More information about supported devices can be found here: https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007416167
Other ways to watch on TV
You may be able to cast content from your phone or tablet to a Smart TV, if you own a device such as a Chromecast or Firestick. More guidance on how to cast can be found here:
You may be able to connect your laptop to your TV via an HDMI cable. This will require both your laptop and your TV to have HDMI ports. Once your laptop and TV are connected via an HDMI cable, you can use your TV remote control to select your HDMI source.
Internet Connection – playback quality and buffering
Please check that you have a stable dedicated internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 7Mbps or higher.
It is better to have a hard-wired internet connection where possible, or if connecting over Wi-Fi, please check that you have good signal strength and are in close range of your router.
For more information and help about playback quality and buffering issues, please visit: https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224968848
Some web browsers auto-mute videos on playback, so you’ll need to select unmute to hear the audio.